Thursday, April 12, 2018

General Conference review and conference cards

I forgot to take a picture on Sunday but I had this fun General Conference review on Sunday where I put up a bunch of pictures next to the picture of the person who gave a talk, then let kids share what they remembered from whatever talk they picked. I had about 10 for them to choose from, plus a map so I could show how far the butterflies traveled in one talk, or how far a sister had to travel to get to the temple, for instance.

What I shared with a friend about it:

"I am so impressed every year by how much the Primary children know. The Junior kids weren't as knowledgable about the stories told during conference but they listened when I told them about monarch butterflies and what that meant.

In Senior, children identified pictures I had up next to leaders and re-told the story about the watchman on the tower, moses with the serpent  President Oaks), the monarch butterfly, Ensign Blair on the ship during the Typhoon (Elder Wilson), Orson Pratt and Parley Pratt (family history) ... and then they went a step further ... "wait, wasn't that the same guy who talked about the sidewalk cracking?" "wait, wasn't the the one where the boy said, 'just one more day' the day before he died?" It was really fun and cool!!"

I also made General Conference cards for the kids. 

By popular demand, I've decided to sell a digital copy on Etsy, too!
My (brand new!) shop is: https://www.etsy.com/shop/iliketocreatestuff


No comments:

Post a Comment